Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden

 


Travelling is one of my favorite things to do and I have put Japan on my bucket list! In looking for a weekend destination I came across Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden "Experience the Friendship" in Lethbridge. This round trip from YYC is about five hours and it was one of my best experiences this summer. The weather was beautiful and the sun was shining to explore acres and acres of land! I learned about "soundscaping" how sounds change in the waterfall. Listening to the ripples and watching the water flow was magical - not seeing how the waterfall started or ended and yet it was continuous! The friendship bell was built in Kyoto, Japan and reassembled in the garden. It weighs seven hundred and fifty pounds and has an initial tone of approximately 15 seconds. The ring of the bell is said to represent the friendship between Japan and Canada. I will always remember the peaceful and quiet nature of my garden walk. I look forward to revisiting the garden in another season. What was the last destination that brought you joy? Grab a notebook and please join me on this journey to discover what brings you everyday joy!
Sunday


Popular posts from this blog

Birthday Weekend

Binge Watched "The Last Thing He Told Me"

Bowness Park