Book: From the Ashes



Start the new year by reading this book "From the Ashes". You will not be disappointed. The author Jesse Thistle writes his memoir with vivid childhood memories that shape him as a human today. Here are a few of my favorite sentences from the book:

"It filled me up."

"I remembered them./I remembered my mother's people./I remembered who I was."

"This place isn't my home anymore, I think. Maybe it never was."

This book makes you have a social-emotional connection with the author. You are rooting for the author as he navigates life in uncomfortable situations. Please consider this book as your next book selection. Grab a jar and please join me on this journey to discover what brings you everyday joy!

Thursday
 

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday Weekend

Binge Watched "The Last Thing He Told Me"

Bowness Park