Loss of Baffin the Polar Bear









July 19, 2024 --the zoo and its guests lost a family member: Baffin. Two days prior, I was at the zoo and saw Siku and Baffin playing in their water pool around 11:30am. Coincidently, forty-eight hours later he did not resurface from the water. It has taken me weeks to process and write about the situation. I have been a member at the zoo for as long as I can remember --I have seen the loss of a baby elephant, string rays died, and a giraffe strangled in its area. The zoo I know does its best to keep the animals small and large safe and secure and yet we have seen many incidences of loss and grief. What animal brings a smile to your face at the zoo? Grab a jar and please join me on this journey to discover what brings you 
everyday joy!

Thursday

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday Weekend

Binge Watched "The Last Thing He Told Me"

Bowness Park